Easter will be here before you know it! Stores are already lining their shelves with Peeps, jellybeans and the run of the mill Easter basket fillers. I won't pull any punches here, Easter is like mini Christmas at our house. I love, love, LOVE to give gifts and this is a great excuse to put something fabulous together! It makes my heart happy when a filled Easter basket looks cohesive and thematic and is chock full of super fun, beyond the ordinary goodies! Please don't be put off by my Easter basket superiority-- I'm the kind of person that when throwing a baby shower, has to make sure that all of the little gifts for games have a matching color story and look cohesive and beautiful sitting there in the container! I am ALWAYS on the lookout for great little products that I think my kids will love and enjoy playing with so I always keep a running list. I hope that maybe you can find a few goodies in here to make your baskets absolute perfection this year! And if not-- Peeps and jellybeans are always good too!
You are about to see so many ideas, that sometimes choosing a theme might help you narrow down your selections! You could focus a basket on fun springtime activities to do outside now that the weather will (hopefully) be warming up, fast forward to summer and stock your basket with summertime essentials, arts and crafts themed basket, keep it traditional Easter or go for a Peter Rabbit inspired haul, Science themed, Dinosaurs or just pick a color scheme and use that as your jumping off point-- the possibilities are endless. So as always, be inspired! By the way, each of the item descriptions are direct links to purchase!
For the Baby Bunnies
4. Mud Pie EIEIO Light Up Bath Ducks: I have to comment that these are STILL my favorite bath toy for my now (almost) 3.5 year old. She loves having tons of rubber duckies in the bath and these are NOT squirty-- which means they don't hold water and don't get moldy!!! Plus, how cool is it that they light up when they touch the water? We have two sets of them-- three years and going strong!
10. Peter Rabbit Organics Baby Food Pouches: These were Holiday's favorite food pouches when she still ate purees! And even if your toddlers and preschoolers still like the applesauce pouches, the Apple Grape is fabulous! You can buy them in cases of 10 packs of a single flavor on Amazon or some grocery stores carry them. I bought them often at Albertson's (Texas based grocery store), 10/$10
13. Bunny Headbands: (these are great for little girls of all ages)!
15. Large Monogrammed Plush Easter Bunny: This is SO ridiculously cute! You can customize this for a boy or a girl and choose to have both the belly and ear monogrammed or just one or the other. AND it's only $25!
16. Mud Pie EIEIO Light Up Rubber Duck Set: THE BEST rubber duckies around. They are NOT squirty toys so they don't hold water and don't get moldy!
18. Baby Bunny Booties: These are RIDICULOUSLY cute!!!
My Peter Rabbit Obsession
24. The Tales of Peter Rabbit Box Set: We own this set of books and I cannot say enough good things about it. We have a large, beautifully bound Complete Tales of Peter Rabbit, but this set is especially precious. Holiday loves the small size of the books and I also happen to collect vintage copies of these books and the originals were this small size as well. Renee Zelwegger starred as Beatrix Potter in the film Miss Potter (2006). If you love Beatrix Potter as much as I do, I HIGHLY recommend the movie! It will make you love these little books and tales all the more!
25. Touch and Count with Peter Rabbit: At 3.5, Holiday still loves board books now that she is sounding out words and in the beginning stages of reading. And, Peter Rabbit board books are certainly among her favorites.
26. Tickle Tickle Peter: And this particular board book IS the favorite of the current moment at our house. It's one of the ones Holiday has completely memorized cover to cover and likes to "read" to me!
27. Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales: A wonderful and essential addition to any children's library!
For the Bigger Bunnies
30. Crocs Handle-IT Rain Boots: Every small child NEEDS a pair of these boots! They are completely light weight just like regular Crocs-- so they are perfect even in hot Texas summers. The handles on top make it super easy for even small toddlers to pull these boots on and off by themselves. No matter what kind of mess they get into-- a little water and they look perfectly brand new. We LOVE these boots!
32. Mudpuppy Magnetic Letters: These are so sweet and adorable-- a favorite in Holiday's play room!
38. Purple Magnet Wand and Chips: LOTS of online ideas for play with these! Along with the chips, we also like to find other magnetic items to use when playing with these-- cut up glittery pipe cleaners are a favorite!
39. DOLL Bunny Slippers! I just ordered these and they are AH-dorable!
52. Pottery Barn Kids Bunny Bath Wrap: These are THE best bath wraps ever-- large in size for bigger kids and very absorbent,
55. Dino Eggs
56. Spy Kit
70. Large Easy Flyer Kite: We've owned many kites and spending a little more on a better quality kite is WELL worth it and will save you lots of aggravation!
71. Elephant's Trunk Game: If you have preschoolers, these little games are a MUST have. They are great learning games, well made with fun pieces and easy for little ones to grasp the concepts. Plus, the few that I mentioned here are GREAT sizes to put in Easter baskets!
72. Raccoon Rumpus: Another SUPER fun, must have game for preschoolers!
74. Gazillion Bubbles Bubble Machine: Gazillion Bubbles makes THE best bubble solution and bubble blowing products on the market. Stalk your local WalMart-- every now and then they get the giant refill bottles of this brand and once you use GB, you will never use any other bubble solution (although the stuff from Gymboree is pretty good too)! This machine is GREAT for tiny ones-- you fill it up, press a button and it creates a hurricane of bubbles!
76. Gazillion Bubbles Bubble Cannon: This is SO much fun-- this one has a lever where little ones can participate with filling the stick with solution then pulling the lever up to the blower. It comes with interchangeable wands to create different kinds of bubbles-- from lots of little ones to giant bubbles to bubbles within a bubble! Kids really like the interactive feature of this one, but if you're wanting mess free or just to create tons of bubbles for your tiny ones, I recommend the regular Bubble Machine!
Somewhere in the past 3.5 years I discovered a love (and a slight hoarding obsession) for Jellycat stuffed animals. They are the cutest, sweetest, cuddliest stuffed animals ever! I'm including links for most of the medium sized ones, but they generally come in small, medium and large. The medium ones all run around $20. They have so many options that are way too cute to not include in an Easter basket. I have a couple of Jellycat items included in the baby inspiration boards above as well. Their little board books are top notch, Holiday still loves them all and frequently picks them to read at bed time.
90. Jellycat Bashful Bunny, Bluebell
105. Jellycat Sleep Bunny
Puffin Classics Books
I came across these books about a month ago and totally FELL IN LOVE. All of your favorite classics bound in these beautiful, whimsical covers-- they are actually printed on the binding instead of paper covers. They SO remind me of a very old Reader's Digest series that I loved to look through at my grandparent's home and I had to have them! How perfect for your older elementary readers?! Of course the decorator in me can't help but think how beautiful these would be on display in a child's room or play room.
For Your Colorful and Creative Bunnies
120. Crayon Rocks: A friend of mine just told me about these great crayons! The shape of them forces a child to practice a true pencil grip instead of being able to hold it in their fist
121. Beeswax Crayons: If you've ever colored with beeswax crayons, you know why they are superior! They lay down color so smoothly and nicely and they're great for blending like you might do with oils
122. Crayon Rocks Spring Colors: The same great crayon rocks specially packaged for spring and adorable for Easter baskets!
123. Color Appeal Crayon Sticks: Never have to worry about breaking crayons or sharpening ever again! These have spectacular color and you just peel them back to expose crayon!
124. Power Magnets: Not for your tiniest bunnies, but there are so many fun activities you can do with these super cute colorful magnets
125. Smencils: Frangrant colored pencils in vibrant colors that smell delicious and transport you back to your elementary years in the school store!
126. Sarah's Silks Rainbow Streamer: I don't know what it is about these things, but kids LOVE them-- it is always a highly coveted toy in our play room any time we have company!
127. Learning Resources Jumbo Tweezers: These are GREAT for fine motor skill development. Preschoolers can practice picking up, sorting and counting all sorts of household objects!
128. Counting Bears with Cups: Another GREAT sorting and counting game-- pefect to go along with the jumbo tweezers. You will be amazed at how little activities like these keep your preschooler and toddler occupied for hours! Great learning and teaching opportunities!